In the face of a DWI arrest, you are going to require the experience of an aggressive attorney to help you in your case. Fortunately, the legal team at Hamilton Grant PC provides high quality and competent representation for all clients facing criminal DWI charges. Our office understands the ins and outs of the criminal charges associated with a DWI. While DWI charges may be difficult to defend, you should never underestimate the power of having an aggressive Texas DWI attorney on your case.
At our office, we work relentlessly with clients to pursue their legal rights and freedom. We thoroughly investigate all criminal DWI charges to ensure that their rights have not been breached during the arrest or post-arrest procedures. As a law office with 2 decades of successful DWI cases under our belt, we want you to understand the repercussions associated with a DWI conviction. If you are convicted of driving while intoxicated, you will have a permanent criminal conviction on your record. In addition, you are potentially facing imprisonment, fines, community service and increased insurance rates.
Key Areas of Practice: DWI Defense
At our firm, we recognize that it can be daunting to deal with DWI law. For this reason, we remain fully committed to providing our client with the high-quality legal assistance that they deserve. Should you choose to work with our firm, you will have an advocate on your side that is fully invested in your case and prepared to go the distance in their efforts to protect your legal rights.
Some of the different areas of the law that we are able to assist with include the following:
- DWI Overview It is considered a per se offense to operate a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration over 0.08 percent; however, it is also a criminal offense to not have the normal use of your mental or physical faculties due to the introduction of a substance, even if you are not technically over the legal limit.
- ALR Hearing In the state of Texas, you have the chance to fight against an Administrative License Revocation – but only if you schedule an ALR hearing within fifteen days of the arrest.
- DWI Defenses Don’t make the mistake of thinking that a DWI arrest equals a conviction. There are defenses that can be utilized to help fight the charges.
- DWI Conviction Should you be convicted of driving while intoxicated, you will find yourself facing penalties that include everything from fines to a driver’s license suspension. Don’t take this lying down. Get us involved and we will fight for your rights.
- DWI Accidents Criminal charges of DWI are serious. Should an accident occur during the commission of the crime, the penalties could be exponentially more severe.
- Felony DWI In most cases, a DWI charge is tried as a misdemeanor, but this is not always the case. In some situations, depending on certain factors, it could be tried as a felony case. This carries severe penalties and weightier consequences.
- Multiple DWI Do you have prior DWI convictions on your record? If so, you can find that you are fighting an uphill battle to help protect your legal rights. Whether you are facing your second, third or your fourth DUI charge, get our firm involved today.
- DWI FAQ Dealing with DWI law is complex – but you don’t have to be confused. Our firm is prepared to help you answer all of the most pressing questions that you might be asking yourself.
- Field Sobriety Tests One of the preliminary tests an officer uses to make an arrest decision is the 3-test battery knows as the “standardized field sobriety tests”. Just because an officer claims you “failed” the field sobriety tests does not mean that you were intoxicated. There are defenses that can be used to challenge the validity of these tests.
- Breath or Blood Alcohol Concentration A cornerstone of your DWI case may rest solely on the breath alcohol concentration (BrAC) or the blood alcohol concentration (BAC) that you are alleged to have.
- After Being Charged with DWI Following an arrest, the best thing that you can do for yourself is to hire a lawyer that is well-versed in this area of the law. Do not attempt to handle your case on your own – get us involved and let us fight for your future.
- Effect on Your Criminal Record There are both short term and long term consequences to having a DWI conviction on your record.
- Do I Need a DWI Attorney? Yes. Take the steps that you need to even the playing field and protect your legal rights.
Contact a Texas DWI Defense Attorney
It is important to understand your rights following a DWI arrest in Texas. There may be winning defenses to the criminal charge of DWI. With the help of a highly trained and experienced Texas DWI lawyer, you may be able to successfully fight the allegation of DWI. In addition, our firm provides exceptional legal resources and representation to clients in the communities of Allen, Collin County, Frisco, McKinney, Plano and Wylie and all of the cities in Dallas County.