- Graduated from California Lutheran University in 2012, 4 year scholar collegiate athlete on swim team. All conference, all American.
- Graduated Texas Tech School of Law in 2015. Licensed in California and Texas.
- Former Lubbock County prosecutor.
- Publication regarding estate planning and marijuana appearing in Texas A&M Journal of Property Law, ABA Probate and Property, Estate Planning Journal, and Estate Planning Studies.
- Received not guilty in DWI jury trial this year.
Brooke Dacus was born in Washington State. She graduated cum laude from California Lutheran University, where she was a standout swimmer. She achieved numerous All-Conference and All-American titles while also being presented the prestigious four-year scholar athlete award.
Thereafter, Brooke attended Texas Tech University School of Law. While in law school, Brooke was an articles editor on Tech’s Estate Planning Law Journal; and after graduation, went on to publish several articles. She also competed and placed in Mock Trial and Negotiation competitions and was a member of the Organization of Women Law Students.
Brooke soon discovered her passion for criminal law, and in her final year of law school, she was a Student Attorney in the Caprock Regional Public Defender’s Clinic, representing indigent defendants accused of crimes. She spent summers interning at the Ventura County District Attorney’s Office and the United States Attorney’s Office in Washington D.C.
Upon graduation from law school, Brooke passed both the Texas and California Bar Exams. She soon began working as a prosecutor at the Lubbock County District Attorney’s Office, where she learned the nuances of the criminal justice system in addition to becoming skilled in trial advocacy.
In her spare time, Brooke competes in triathlons and marathons. She volunteers at the local animal shelter and loves spending time with her own rescue dogs.
Awards & Memberships
American Academy of Forensic Sciences
AV Preeminent 2018
Best of the West
DUI Defense Lawyer