Baron Eliason is a native Texan. He was born and raised in Dallas. A love for helping others navigate the complexities of life has defined his schooling and careers. The worlds of business, law, and faith have been the context for providing this help. Baron brings the experiences and knowledge of this life’s work and expertise to your corner.
Baron graduated cum laude with a B.B.A. from S.M.U. as a finance major in 1987. In this degree, Baron participated in honors classes in several areas of business including the management of a student-led portfolio of stocks which at the time was one of the largest such funds of its kind. He also held a Texas Real Estate Agent’s license which he used to help in his father’s business and later again as an agent while in school. The normal pathway for this degree was to work in investment banking for two years and then obtain an M.B.A. Instead, Baron chose law school.
Baron graduated with a J.D. from the University of Texas School of Law in 1990. In his third year of law school, Baron served as a Juvenile Public Defender. After graduation, but before the bar results were released, Baron won his first personal injury jury trial using a third-year bar card which allowed him to practice under supervision. Upon passing the bar, he continued practicing civil trial law in Houston, Texas. In that practice, he dealt with a wide array of personal injury cases at all stages and of many types from basic slip and fall litigation to complex medical malpractice.
In 1992, Baron took a detour from the law to become a pastor. He holds both a masters degree in divinity from the Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary and a doctorate degree in spirituality from the Columbia Theological Seminary. As a pastor, Baron has served on the staffs of four large congregations in Alabama, Tennessee, and Texas. In his twenty years of service to the church, Baron has also served on several nonprofit boards and led over a dozen mission trips in the U.S. and abroad. In these years, Baron has refined his skills in counseling, oratory, and overseeing the business aspects of a large church. His final church position was as the Senior Pastor and Head of Staff of the Westminster Presbyterian Church here in Lubbock, Tx.
Before returning to the practice of law, Baron established a small business and worked as a Business Consultant for the TTU Small Business Development Center. In that capacity, Baron counseled clients about the entrepreneurial process in matters such as formation, compliance, marketing, lean business planning, and developing and understanding financials. A primary focus of his work at the TTU SBDC was to develop business plans and financials for the purpose of obtaining financing for his clients with banks and investors. Baron is a Certified Facilitator of the Profit Mastery system which is a program designed to help business owners understand their financial statements and how these statements can be used to measure and improve profitability and cash flow.
Baron’s lifetime of work is defined by a heart for others and a passion to help them successfully navigate the legal, spiritual, and business challenges of life with attention to the client’s need for expertise and responsive communication throughout the process. To this work, Baron brings a pastor’s ear and heart to both your case in the judicial system and/or your hopes and dreams in the business world.
- Legal Education: Graduated from University of Texas School of Law in 1990.
- Additional degrees: B.B.A. from S.M.U. in finance. Master of Divinity from Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary. Doctor of Ministry from Columbia Theological Seminary.
- Graduate: Tim Evans Criminal Trial College
- Graduate: NHTSA Student Practitioner Course for Standardized Field Sobriety Tests
- Licensed to practice law in Texas since 1990.
- Won first trial on temporary bar card waiting for bar results in 1990.
- Admitted to the Northern District in early December
- Award: Avvo rated 10, and Client’s Choice Award
- Award: 10 Best Attorneys for Exceptional and Outstanding Client Service by the American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys
- Member: Texas State Bar, Texas State Bar Criminal Defense Section, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Texas Bar College, DUIDLA
- Author: Roadmaps for DWI Cases (a TCDLA resource for lawyers)
- Editor: Administrative License Revocation and Occupational License Manual (a TCDLA resource for lawyers)
Awards & Memberships
American Academy of Forensic Sciences
AV Preeminent 2018
Best of the West
DUI Defense Lawyer